History – New Trinity Church


In 1993 a union took place between the congregations of Erskine Church and Landsborough & Trinity Church  to form what became the New Trinity Church, but still using the former Erskine Church buildings. A new minister was sought and the Rev Sandy McCallum was inducted in 1994 and proved to be a very popular minister.

When Rev McCallum retired in March 2005, the congregation was thrown into another vacancy which Presbytery decided should become a reviewable tenure, and after a short vacancy Rev Elaine McKinnon was inducted to the charge on 6 April 2006. Rev McKinnon held office until translating to Dumbarton West Kirk in 2010. The congregation were held in a continuing vacancy until Rev Brian Oxburgh of Saltcoats St Cuthbert’s Church translated to Tayport, Fife in 2011 thus starting readjustment proceedings under the then Presbytery Plan.

The former Landsborough and Trinity Church had a history dating back to 1783. To view this chapter, please click here.

The former Erskine Church had a history that can be dated back to 1792. To view this chapter, please click here.

 

Copyright © Ardrossan & Saltcoats Kirkgate Parish Church of Scotland. Registered Scottish Charity SC023003.